Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, avril 28, 2008

Monday Poetry Train - No string attach

I'm on the edge
Je suis sur le rebord
Taking a deep breath
Je prends une grande inspiration
Take my courage by both hands
Je prends mon courage à deux mains
To take a step further
J'avance d'un pas
The step to emptiness
L'ultime pas vers le vide
But it is also
Mais aussi
The one to my freedom
Celui de ma liberté
When I could feel the wind through my hairs
Je peux sentir le vent dans mes cheveux
Feeling my body
Sentir mon corps
being weightless
En état d'apesenteur
Like I'm suspended
Comme si j'étais suspendue
In time
Dans le temps
And in a second
Et dans une seconde
I will be able
Être capable
To spread my wings
De déplier mes ailes
And no have no strings attach
Et d'avoir aucune attache
For the first time of my life
Pour la première fois de ma vie

Libellés : , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:17 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    This is great, Jill. Especially these lines:

    'To take a step further
    J'avance d'un pas
    The step to emptiness
    L'ultime pas vers le vide
    But it is also
    Mais aussi
    The one to my freedom
    Celui de ma liberté'

    Uncertainty and future go hand in hand, just like these lines. Nicely done.

     
  • At 9:49 p.m., Blogger gautami tripathy said…

    As julia says, very well done!

    ctrl/alt/del

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home