Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, mars 10, 2008

Monday Poetry Train - Roots

I wrote this one a week or two ago when I read one of the Poetry Train writer(don't remember which one, but the poem what talking about trees)

Je suis là
I am there
Magestueux
Magestuous
Gardez silence
Keep quiet
Quelques secondes
A couple of secondes
N'entendez-vous pas
Don't you hear
Ces milles chuchotements
The thousand of whispers
Qui pourraient
That could
Vous racontez
Tell you
Des millions d'histoires
Millions of stories
Car depuis que ma graine
because since the moment that my seed
A touché le sol
Has touch the ground
J'ai vécu plus de cent ans
I've live more than a hundred years
Pour mieux vous prouvez
To proove you
Que je suis à l'épreuve du temps
That I,ve time proof

Libellés : , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    i like how you put the poem and the translation on the page this week, jill! it makes it a lot easier for those of us who only speak one language to experience your word/world! the colorfulness is fun too...

    i like this a lot--it has a prayerful, sacred quality to it.

    btw, that was my poem about the tree! glad it inspired you to write this!

     
  • At 10:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I agree with art predator. I like the way you put this for us. I felt is was kind of surreal. Thanks!

    nowhereland becomes neverland

     
  • At 12:04 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    I love these lines, Jill -

    'Gardez silence
    Keep quiet
    Quelques secondes
    A couple of secondes
    N'entendez-vous pas
    Don't you hear
    Ces milles chuchotements
    The thousand of whispers
    Qui pourraient
    That could
    Vous racontez
    Tell you
    Des millions d'histoires
    Millions of stories'

    I really love being out in the woods. I get this feeling all the time.

     
  • At 11:11 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Artpredator, if it was your poem, I'm proud you came!
    Forest and sea are two sacred things that can soothe me not matter how I feel!

    Gautami, even if i never seen a sequoia(or the same kind of big tree as it) in real life, I can presume that they would look sureal to me!

    Julia, I almost cried when they cut most of the wood in the trail behind my parents'house the first time I went to take a walk...I felt that time like they kill a part of that soul the forest had, it was not the forest of my childhood anymore!

     
  • At 5:51 p.m., Blogger Roscoe James said…

    Ah, as always. Nice multi-lingual work. I'll be training this Monday. I been busy.

    Anyway, also wanted to let you know I'm hosting my first Flash tomorrow. Stop in a flash us!

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home