Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, mars 17, 2008

Monday Poetry Train - Pierre



Je t'attendais
I'm waiting for you
Appuyée sur cette pierre
Against this rock
Vêtue de cette robe
Wearing the dress
Que j'avais prise
That I pick
Avec l'attention
With the most
La plus délicate
Delicate attention
D'un noir de jais
Of a jet black
Compétitionant avec celui
Competing with the black
De ces corbeaux
Of the crows
Qui ne font
That do nothing
Que me tourmenter
But tourment me
Déchirant les derniers lambeaux
Tearing the last shreds
De ce coeur en charpie
Of this heart in fragments
Je me tourne
I turn
Lentement
Slowly
Pour mieux regarder
To take a better look
Cette pierre
At this rock
Qui me supporte
That supporte me
Glisser mes doigts
Sliding my fingers
Sur son inscription
On its inscription
Les larmes aux yeux
Tears in my eyes
Car elle vient
Because it has
D'épeller
Spelled
Ton nom
Your name

Libellés : , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:49 p.m., Blogger Rhian said…

    ooooh - lovely Jill!
    beautiful use of language and imagery.

     
  • At 10:02 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    Wow - the ending is twisty and sad. But gorgeously sad, like Romeo & Juliet sad. Love this, Jill!

     
  • At 11:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    That was so beautiful. The photo is perfect!

     
  • At 11:47 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Rhian, thank you. And remember that you are the one that help the creativity in that one...

    Julia, I have to love you! Comparing my poem with a Shakespeare play! You've just made my day!

    Gautami, the picture was the inspiration. I just found it so beautiful when I saw it on Rhian blog last week!

     
  • At 11:37 p.m., Blogger Ann said…

    Lovely poem Jill.

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home