Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, janvier 21, 2008

Monday Poetry Train - La mer

This I wrote thinking about a time that we saw one of the contestan of Star Académie on the beach near her place. We were wondering if it was her. But since she has been away from her place for so long, when we figure out it was actually her, we prefer to let her have this peace moement!
Elle regarde la mer/ She is looking at the sea
Admire sa douceur/Admiring its beauty
Laisse entrer son calme/ Letting its calmness enter
Dans chaque pore de son corps/In each pore of her body
Cette mer qui lui a manqué/That sea she has been missing
Ces douces vagues/ Those soft waves
Qui berçaient la tumulte/ That rock the commmotion
Des derniers mois/Of the last months
Son rêve/ Her dream
Lui a couté/ Have cost her
Le doux bercement du vent/ The sweet rocking of the wind
Dans ces cheveux dorés/ In her golden hair
Et nous/ And us
Nous n'osons la déranger/ We don't dare to disturb her
Dans cet instant d'intimité/In that intimity moment
Avec cet amour/ With this love
Que la majorité des Acadiens connaisse/ That most Acadians know
La mer/ The sea
Qui nous coule dans les veines/ That flow in our veins

Libellés : , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 8:22 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    'Avec cet amour/ With this love
    Que la majorité des Acadiens connaisse/ That most Acadians know
    La mer/ The sea
    Qui nous coule dans les veines/ That flow in our veins'

    Yes, Jill! It flows in mine. I used to miss the ocean every minute of every day when I lived in Toronto. Now I miss that big beautiful city just as painfully as I missed the sea. Figures.

     
  • At 8:32 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    I've never been far from the sea, so I won't be able to tell you how it feel, but for the rest, I use to miss more the people than the place!!

     
  • At 10:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Ah! Lovely. Simply lovely.

     
  • At 12:51 a.m., Blogger Ann said…

    I can relate. I grew up less than a quarter of a mile from the ocean, and used to fall asleep listening to the waves (okay, only on those rare days when we didn't need the air conditioning). But sometimes here when the wind is blowing from the east, I can smell the sea.

     
  • At 4:03 a.m., Blogger Lisa Andel said…

    Lovely poem Jill. I've never lived by the sea, but I could feel the emotion in your words.

     
  • At 11:43 a.m., Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    I like it! Lovely :)

     
  • At 6:21 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Missy, thank!

    Ann, I can never get tired of the sound of the sea, but the smell... Sometime, I just found it to purely stink!!

    Lisa, you are missing on something! Rent a cottage near it for a week!!

    RG, I made you smile, yes!!

     
  • At 6:56 a.m., Blogger Joy Renee said…

    oh, your words evoke the sea so well and make me nostalgic for it. i lived near the sea only a few months when my husband was stationed near Oceanside CA. but from early childhood to the present every visit to the sea has felt more like home than any home i ever had.

    it has been six years since i visited a beach. too long. waaaay too long.
    lovely poem.

     
  • At 11:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    beautiful last too lines...

     
  • At 4:00 p.m., Blogger Roscoe James said…

    I am too alive! nanana






    PS
    Nice write.

     
  • At 3:33 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Joy, I think it is something that you can never get out of your system!!

    Thank, Gautami!

    RJ, nice to know that you are still alive!

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home