Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, janvier 07, 2008

Monday poetry train - Fighter

Why is it so hard /Pourquoi est-ce si dur
For you men /Pour vous les hommes
To admit /D'admettre
That as little as I am /Que peu importe comment petite suis-je
As lady like that I might be /Peu importe comment dame je suis
That I still kick as hard as any of you /Que je peux frapper aussi fort que vous
How can you not be men enough /Pourquoi ne pouvez-vous pas être suffisament homme
To admit that I hurt you /Pour admettre que je peux vous faire mal
When I don't have a problem /Quand j'ai aucun problème
Doing it when it is you /À le faire lorsque vous le faites
That I might be fearless /Que je peux être sans peur
And look you straight in the eyes /Et regarder droit dans vos yeux
That my feminity /Que ma féminité
Doesn't make me less of a warior/Ne fait pas de moi un guerrier moins puissant

Libellés : , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 p.m., Blogger Roscoe James said…

    Gets out the war paint and prepares for battle.

     
  • At 10:33 p.m., Blogger Ann said…

    Awesome poem.

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Ann said…

    It's Tuesday, and I've posted my recipe: homemade spaghetti sauce. Hope you're having a great week.

     
  • At 8:51 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    RJ, I'M always ready for a battle;)

    Ann, I'm posting a recipe right away!

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home