Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, août 13, 2007

Monday poetry train - Plaisir

So this week, I'm presenting a song that I like a lot. It's not one of my composition, but I do really enjoy the lyrics of this song. I've seen it sang live, And been loving the group since their first french album. I'm putting some of the translation beside the original lyrics(in purple)!! Enjoye!! And since some of you ask me for the english version of my poems, there are links to those at the end!!

Plaisir(P.Dufour, S. Pante, R. Tabra/P.dufour) Par Les Respectables

Plaisir, qui suis-je pour te fuir / Pleasure, who am I to try to run away from you
Serais-ce un autre manque d'intuition?
Ou l'angoisse d'une autre désillusion
Je chercherai toujours à te définir / I would alway try to define you

Plaisir, devrais-je m'enfuir? / Pleasure, should I escape?
Si haut, si loin de ton emprise /So high, so far from your hold
C'est si facile d'aimer ce qu'on a pas / It's so easy to love something we don't have
Mais j'arrive, attends-moi / But I'm coming, wait for me

(Refrain)
Plaisir entre chez moi /Pleasure come to my place
À deux, on y arrivera / Together, we will make it happen
On a tous besoin de s'enfuir avec toi /We all need to escape with you
Plaisir, emporte-moi / Pleasure, take me
Ce soir, là où tu voudras / Tonight, wherever you want
On a tous besoin de s'enfuir avec toi / We all need to escape with you

Pourquoi souffrir /Why suffer
Pour te séduire /Why seduce you
À quoi ça sert dis-moi / Tell me what it's the use

De tant t'en vouloir
Si, pour te plaire / If to please you
Je dois me retenir / I have to restrain myself
J'aurais préféré / I prefer
Ne jamais te revoir /Never to see you again
Plaisir passé / Past pleasure
Jamais retrouvé /Never Refound
Au pied de la tour / At the bottom of the tower
Dans un vieux café /In an old coffee shop

Rendez-vous à l'auberge /Meet me at that Bed-and-breakfast
Comme autrefois / Like before
J'arrive, attends-moi / I'm coming, wait for me

(Refrain)

Plaisir, qui suis-je pour te fuir?
Serais-ce un autre manque d'intuition?
Ou l'angoisse d'une autre désillusion
Je chercherai toujours à te définir

Plaisir devrais-je m'enfuir?
Si haut, si loin de ton emprise
C'est si facile d'aimer ce qu'on n'a pas
Mais j'arrive, attend moi

(Refrain)

Plaisir, entre chez moi
Sauver ceux qui m'entourent
Des gens si sensibles, trop souvent à mon secours

Plaisir, emporte-moi / Pleasure, take me away
Plaisir, je rentre chez moi, seul / Pleasure, I'm going home, alone

So here are the poems I translated this week:
Desire
Tears
Stranger

Libellés :

19 Comments:

  • At 4:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Jill l'Acadienne, emporte-moi
    Ce soir, là où tu voudras

     
  • At 6:24 p.m., Blogger Amy Ruttan said…

    Great poem! My french Canadian is limited in my brain right now to comment something witty in french. ;)

    Maybe the migraine wiped it out. :) Beautiful regardless.

     
  • At 7:33 p.m., Blogger Lisa Andel said…

    Hey Jill, I had to stick to the translations. Don't know a thing about french.

    You're poems are lovely, and very passionate. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 8:22 p.m., Blogger Ann said…

    Beautiful poem. Thank you for the translations, my college French was too long ago to help me translate it myself.

     
  • At 9:00 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Rhet, if I could go anywhere, you might be lost if you tag along, cuz a lot of those place are french!!

    Amy, take care of yourself, that is the important part!!

    Lisa, this one is actually not written by me, is a french song that I love.

    Ann, I would try to keep on with the translation in regar of you.

     
  • At 9:19 p.m., Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said…

    Interesting, Jill... I like. I'd love to hear this, in fact.

     
  • At 9:21 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    If only I knew how to put it here on my blog, you could have seen the clip!! I would have try the live version, because I like that one better, Susan!

     
  • At 9:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    This reads well. Must be a great song!

     
  • At 11:05 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    "If to please you
    I have to restrain myself
    I prefer
    Never to see you again"

    Thanks for posting these lyrics and for translating them for us anglos. These lines are my favorites.

     
  • At 11:08 p.m., Blogger Rhian said…

    Beautiful Jill and I'm with Julia on favorite lines. Too many dang weepy poems this week - i need a box of tissues.

     
  • At 1:01 a.m., Blogger Sparky Duck said…

    I think it flows even better in french

     
  • At 1:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    My love will guide me jill.
    I will only be lost in love!

     
  • At 2:25 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Gautami, I really like it, especially the live version!!

    Julia, these lines are sad in a way because it's like being torn in two!!

    Rhian, I'm sending one right away!! What kind??

    Rhet, franchement...je ne sais que répondre...

     
  • At 12:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I actually understood that jill. I am becoming a Francoponie!

     
  • At 2:39 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Rhet, I don't think so!! Francophonie means every person that speak french. I know you have a little bit of split personnality. You are becoming a Francophone

     
  • At 5:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    When I say "I" I actually mean "we" as in VD and me!
    The two heads!
    We are becoming one with the Francophonie then.

     
  • At 5:31 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    As I said, split personnality!!

     
  • At 6:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Split personality but both of us love you!

     
  • At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    I wonder that if you going out with a man with split personnality, and one is a woman, and she is attracted to you, are you having an homosexual relationship??

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home