Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

jeudi, juillet 19, 2007

Étrangère

Tu es là
Sans que je puisse te toucher
De tes lèvres
Aucun mot n'est sorti
Ce silence semble règner
Depuis toute une éternité
Je te sens si proche
Mais en réalité
Tu es si loin
Tu m'ignore
À m'en rendre folle
Chaque fibre de mon corps
Est prête à vibrer
Juste pour toi
Mais même d'un coup d'oeil
Tu n'ose me toucher
Pourquoi
Es-tu décidé
À me faire vivre ça
Je te donnerais tout
Mais pour toi
Je ne suis qu'étrangère


You are there
And you don't touch me
From your lips
Not word has come out
That silent seems to reign
Since an eternity
I feel you so close
But in reality
You are so far
You are ignoring me
Until I'm about to go crazy
Each fiber of my body
Is ready to vibrate
Only for you
But not even a glimpse from your eye
You don't even dare to touch me
Why
Are you decided
To make me live this
I would give you everything
But for you
I'm only a stranger

Libellés : ,

9 Comments:

  • At 4:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Each fiber of my body
    Is ready to vibrate

    this is a beautiful way of imagining pure desire for your stranger.

    I am sure the French versions are pure beauty in poetr. Talented girl you are jill.

     
  • At 9:12 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    It's when a desire is more than physical, when you feel that you need to touch the person soul, that is the puress desire for my stranger.
    Rhet, I find that I can use a way more elaborate vocabulary in french. If I was not so much stuborn I would start reading in english too, it would help me big time!!

     
  • At 1:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Poetry never translates well between languages.
    It is the nature of poetry.
    English, as a language, has almost 10 times the number of words than French as a language does.
    Therefore it is a little easier to express the essence of poetry in English.

     
  • At 2:31 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    I disagree!!! Way Way much!!! You have like three meaning for the same word when we have 3 different words!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    English has the greatest number of words of all the languages on Earth.
    Very few people know even 40 percent of them.
    The statistics of English are astonishing. Of all the world's languages (which now number some 2,700), it is arguably the richest in vocabulary. The compendious Oxford English Dictionary lists about 615,000 words; and a further half-million technical and scientific terms remain uncatalogued. According to traditional estimates, neighbouring German has a vocabulary of about 185,000 and French fewer than 100,000, including such Franglais as le snacque-barre and le hit-parade.

    The reason for this is historical. English was originally a Germanic language, related to Dutch and German, and it shares much of its grammar and basic vocabulary with those languages. However, after the Norman Conquest in 1066 it was hugely influenced by Norman French, which became the language of the ruling class "Lingua Franca" for a considerable period, and by Latin, which was the language of scholarship and of the Church. Very large numbers of French and Latin words entered the language. Consequently, English has a much larger vocabulary than either the Germanic languages or the members of the Romance language family to which French belongs.

     
  • At 12:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I still love you though jill. even if your language is sooooooooooo tiny!
    Nyuck, nyuck

     
  • At 2:45 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Bla bla bla! Bla bla bla!
    Why should I even try to argue with you!! You always find something to close my mouth! You are either really intelligent, remember everything your learn, or pretty damn good at doing some internet search!!

     
  • At 6:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I am a smart guy!
    BSc
    MBA
    MD
    Spent 12 years at university and I have a photographic memory.
    I seem to remember everything I ever read or see. I did look up the numbers for the words but I knew that English was first and German was second

     
  • At 6:25 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    With my little 5 years in university and my BSc and BEd.
    And I'm all for common sense thing, I don't have a bit of photographic memory!!

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home