Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

dimanche, juillet 20, 2008

Monday Poetry Train

Le soleil se couche
The sun is going down
nous sommes
we are
sur une plage
On the beach
Presque seul
Almost alone
Au monde
In the world
La conversation
The conversation
N'est interrompue
Is only broken
Que par les vagues
By the waves
Qui nous chatouiller les pieds
That tickles our feet
Dans tes yeux
In your eyes
Je vois le reflet
I see the reflection
Du soleil couchant
Of the sunset
Dans tes yeux
In your eyes
Ne pouvant plus
I cannot
Y résister
Resist anymore
Je goûte
To tasting
Pour la première fois
For the first time
À tes lèvres
Your lips
Si désirables
That I have so much desire

Libellés : , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    'Dans tes yeux
    In your eyes
    Je vois le reflet
    I see the reflection
    Du soleil couchant
    Of the sunset'

    Is this a foreshadowing of a breakup? If it is, I love how it appears in the poem. If it isn't, I like the whole tone of the poem, especially having spent the weekend by the beach, myself.

     
  • At 1:33 p.m., Blogger Lisa Andel said…

    Hey, it must be in the air, I'm at the beach right now myself.

    And thinking this would be a good situation to be in...

     
  • At 11:23 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Julia, yes, those lines can be interpret as a breakup, but I was thinking about a good date, probably the first real one.

    Lisa, yes, it would. Just being hold by somebody you like or love on the beach!

     
  • At 1:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    count me in for the beach too- venice, then here...must be that time of year!

    i like the sense of anticipation in this one

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home