Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, octobre 01, 2007

Monday poetry train - Rhume/Cold

Je hais ce sentiment / I hate that feeling
D,être prise dans mon propre corps / Of being trapped in my own body
De sentir ces orgarnes trop ardement / To be feeling the organs too much
D'avoir perdu le contrôle / To have lost control
DE sentir l'énergie / To feel the energy
Sortir peu à peu / Slipping little by little
De sentir l'air /To feel air
Qui devient tempête / Become a rage
Dans un corp / In a body
Qui semblait calme / That seems calm
L'instant d'avant /The moment before
Je veux respirer la vie / I want to breath life
Mais au contraire / But instead
Je semble la vomir / I feel like throwing it up
Mon repos n'est plus calme / My rest is not calm
Interrompu par des subresauts /Interrupt by vaults
Pour l'instant /For the moment
Je n'attends que le moment / I only wait for
Ou je pourrai respirer à pleins poumons /When I could breath fully
Et dire aurevoir / And say goodbye
À ce maudit rhume/ To this damn cold

Libellés : , ,

18 Comments:

  • At 6:23 p.m., Blogger Rhian said…

    LOL!! oh Jill - this is funny and clever! Reminds me a little of that one poem Rhet posted a while back about the flu - without all the innuendos of course!

     
  • At 1:17 a.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    This is a rather meditative poem about a state of being so often referred to as 'common', but every cold wages its own war. My favorie lines:
    'L'instant d'avant /The moment before
    Je veux respirer la vie / I want to breath life
    Mais au contraire / But instead
    Je semble la vomir / I feel like throwing it up'

     
  • At 5:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    You made my day!! I say similarly opposite stuff for the never-ending summer!

     
  • At 9:02 a.m., Blogger paisley said…

    girl.. and i had you in a full blown maniacal rage there before that last line!!!! excellent!!!!

     
  • At 10:02 a.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Rhian, funny and clever, that is me!! But I don't think I would take the other part of your comment in consideration!!

    Julia, I really do fight one hell of a war each I get a cold!!

    Gautami, I made your day!!! HEy!!

    Pasley, me, in a rage? I think it is one of the only place you will see that!!

     
  • At 11:58 a.m., Blogger Lisa Andel said…

    What Rhian said.
    Cute poem. Thanks.

     
  • At 2:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    The doctor says: "Get plenty of reat, drink plenty of fluids and call me in the morning"

     
  • At 5:30 p.m., Blogger Joy Renee said…

    ah, the misery. it needs no translation.

     
  • At 5:54 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Lisa, you are laughing at me too?? And we need to talk about the relationship between you and Rhian!!

    Rhet, reat??? What the hell is that? And I need the doctor number!!

    Joy, poor you!! It is awfull feeling like this!!

     
  • At 6:14 p.m., Blogger Rhian said…

    Jill - Lisa is my long lost twin sister.

     
  • At 9:08 p.m., Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said…

    Love it, Jill!

    Of course, when I work out too hard, I feel like throwing up instead of embracing life...

     
  • At 10:37 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    Rhian, that explain a lot of things!!

    Make yourself pamper by somebody in that time, Susan!!

     
  • At 9:44 a.m., Blogger Amy Ruttan said…

    You really don't like the cold or colds do ya! I don't like Winter I just like fall.

    So believe me I'm not wishing for winter.

     
  • At 9:58 a.m., Blogger Jill said…

    AMy, I have really bad cold, that usualy turn into something worst...
    And I do enjoye the snow, but hate the fact that you feel like an icecube even if you have like 3 inch of clothes!!

     
  • At 12:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I meant to say 'rest' not 'reat'.
    I am retarded now, remember?
    My Skype telphone number is:

    biliousity

    Go to skype.com and download the free software, get an headset with microphone and I can diagnose your troubles for free no matter where I am in the world.

     
  • At 5:17 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    How stupid do you think I am, Rhet?? I use to have Skype, but didn't have it now!! And I don't have a headset for my computer!!
    But i take your offer for free diagnostic!! What are we gonna do for the treatment??

     
  • At 2:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    A cold is an incurable virus affliction. There is nowt I can do for you save alleviate the symproms with placebos and multiple orgasms.

     
  • At 5:18 p.m., Blogger Jill said…

    It won't be needed now, it is almost gone, Rhet!

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home