Jill the Acadian/Jill l'Acadienne

La vie à travers les yeux d'une Acadienne et les aspects culturels de celle-ci. Si vous voulez partager quelque chose(concert ou un endroit visité), laissez un commentaire/The life of an Acadien woman, and her cultural aspect. If you want to share something about your cultural life(show or a good place visited), leave a comment.

Google

lundi, septembre 17, 2007

Monday poetry train - Naître

This is another song by one of my favorite french artist!! I saw Marie-Chantal Toupin, last summer, in concert!! The woman is wonderful, but so tiny! Since I couldn't find the lyrics and the video for the song I wanted from her, here is Naître.

Naître

Naître, c'est toujours le hasard, être blanc, être noir, / Born, it's always a coincidence, to be white, to be black
Être de lune ou de soleil, enfin, c'est pareil ;/ To be of sun or of moon, it is the same
Naître sans l'avoir demandé, sans être désiré, /To be born without asking for it, without being wanted
Naître d'un amour malheureux, être sans avoir dit "je veux", /To be born from a sad love, to be without saying "I do"
Naître d'un amour passionné, naître pour être aimé,/ To be born from a pasionate love, to be born to be love
Sans avoir dit "je t'aime" et vivre d'amour quand même.../Without saying "I love you" and to live from love instead

{Refrain:}
Que m'importe le ciel, que m'importent les dieux, /No matter the sky, No matter the gods
Je veux ouvrir mes ailes, je veux ouvrir mes yeux, / i want to spread my wings, I want to open my eyes
Que m'importe le ciel, je vivrai pour l'essentiel,/ No matter the sky, I will live for the essential
Je vivrai pour être heureuse... / I will live to be happy

Naître dans ce monde insensé que la haine a brûlé, /Born in this mad world that hate has burn
Né sans avoir pu choisir et pourtant devenir, / Born without being able to choose and yet become
Naître, une main parmi les humains qui marcheront demain,/ Born, a hand between the humans that will walk tomorrow
Dans la nuit, cherchant la lumière, avoir vécu sur terre,/In the night, searching for the light, to have live on earth
Sans avoir dit "je t'aime" et vivre d'amour quand même.../without having said "I love you" and to live from love instead

{au Refrain}

Je veux vivre quand même... {x2} /I still want to live

{au Refrain}

Naître, en sachant que mourir est mon seul avenir. / Born, knowing that diing is your only future

Libellés : ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:09 a.m., Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said…

    Hey, thanks for the mini concert!
    These are my favorite lines from the song:
    'To be born from a passionate love, to be born to be love'

    Who wouldn't wish for that?

     
  • At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Jill said…

    You are welcome, Julia. I'm so proud of myself for putting this video on here!!This is the way that all of us should be born!!

     
  • At 3:55 p.m., Blogger Joy Renee said…

    lovely voice.

    the essential is happiness. yes?

     
  • At 7:06 p.m., Blogger Amy Ruttan said…

    Wonderful voice! Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 11:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    I was a love child, never meant to be.

     

Publier un commentaire

<< Home